A trade school may refer to both secondary or post-secondary education and these educational institutions are designed to provide technical skills required to perform the tasks of a specific job.
Due to the fact that they are more affordable and take less time and effort, numerous students decide to enroll in them rather than attending a traditional four-year university.
University of Washington: School of Nursing
The University of Washington (UW) is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and is a member of the Association of American Universities.
Enrollment: Students interested in taking the first step towards their nursing career should know that new nursing students should attend an orientation usually held in September each year.
New ABSN, BSN, DNP, and Ph.D. students should complete the online New Nursing Student Orientation checkpoints prior to the first day of orientation.
Prospective students are supposed to attend our application information sessions on the Seattle campus as there tey will get instructions on how to submit the most competitive application possible.
Some of the requirements for certain programs are that you must have a minimum of 3 Natural World courses completed with a satisfactory grade when you apply to the BSN or ABSN program.
There are certain requirements specific to some programs which future students should get familiar with prior to applying.
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Clinical Informatics and Patient-Centered Technologies
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Science
- University of Washington: School of Nursing
- Address: Seattle, WA 98195
- Phone: +1 206-543-8736
- Web: https://nursing.uw.edu
Seattle Vocational Institute
Enrollment: The enrollment into Seattle Vocational Institute is available only to people who are high school graduates or aged 18 or older.
If you are one of them, you can easily become a Seattle Central student, but you will need to start the enrollment process by filling out the online application form.
Once your application is received, you will receive an official Student Identification Number (SID) which will be used later on during the next application steps.
New students would need to demonstrate their English and/or math proficiency level which can be done by taking the placement test for English and Math.
You can also use qualifying ACT or SAT scores, while Seattle Public Schools Students can use high school transcript for placement.
The completion of the New Student Start orientation either in person or online is the last step in your application process, but without your Personal Identification Number (PIN)activated, you will not be able to register for classes.
At the Seattle Vocational Institute, you can choose from many of the programs available and some of them are:
- Business Technology Management
- Creative Arts & Design
- Education & Human Services
- IT, Web or Programming
- Wood Technology
- Seattle Vocational Institute
- Address: 2120 S Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98144
- Phone: +1 206-934-4950
- Web: https://seattlecentral.edu
Renton Technical College
Renton Technical College is a nationally recognized college which offers short- and long-term career training programs, apprenticeships and applied bachelor’s degrees in information technology.
Renton Technical College (RTC) is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Enrollment: People interested in enrolling in Renton Technical College can choose among over 60 professional-technical programs.
The first step in their admission process is connecting with an Entry Adviser who will discuss the career pathways, college services and entry requirements with the prospective student.
If you need financial support, you should apply for Financial Aid in person or online and you must complete your FAFSA online.
The next step is the completion of the Directed Self-Placement (DSP) and Accuplacer tools in Testing Services (Bldg J-218) and if you earn the satisfying score, you are allowed to register for Classes.
Among so many programs offered, these are just a few:
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Specialist
- Aerospace & Industrial Production Technologies
- Anesthesia Technologist
- Autobody Repair & Refinishing
- Central Service Technician
- Computer Network Architecture – Bachelor of Applied Science
- Contemporary Business Administration
- Field Surveying Technician
- Legal Assistant
- Renton Technical College
- Address: 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056
- Phone: +1 425-235-2352
- Web: https://www.rtc.edu
Divers Institute of Technology
Enrollment: Just as any other educational institution, the Divers Institute of Technology also has certain eligibility requirements set in order to be able to select only the most deserving applicants.
If you are among those applicants who meet the following qualifications, your application will be considered and you can become a possible future student.
They need to be 18 years of age or older and possess a High school diploma, transcript or GED.
You need to prove proficiency in English speaking, reading, and writing as well as the ability to swim 400 meters unassisted.
Furthermore, you will have to obtain a TWIC card.
Applicants must be experienced swimmers and be comfortable in the water.
The application process starts with completing the online application which is available on the official website, and once it is received, the admission representative will contact you.
During the application process, prospective students will need to submit one Letter of Recommendation, a personal statement in which you will be speaking about why they want to be Commercial Divers and a copy of their High School Diploma or GED.
Fees: When costs are in question, your $100 application fee has to be paid with the application submission.
Other costs include tuition, and you should know that the core program which is 7 months long costs $25,900, while gear and physical exam are approximately $3800.
- Physics & Medicine
- Lightweight & Rigging
- Offshore & Hazmat
- Welding & Underwater Welding
- Salvage & Hydraulics
- SCUBA & Inland
- Deep Dives
- Divers Institute of Technology
- Address: 1341 N Northlake Way Suite 150, Seattle, WA 98103
- Phone: +1 206-783-5542
- Web: https://www.diversinstitute.edu
Enrollment: If you have determined that this school is the right one for you, then you are ready to apply.
You should contact the Admissions Advisors who will walk you through the process.
There is the application form on the school’s official website which should be filled out and you have to include your name and start date of the course you are applying for.
Phone number is obligatory, in case you cannot be reached via email.
Code 101/102 program is for beginners who would like to enroll and they can sign up online.
However, applicants to Code 201 and Code 301 courses will have an initial phone screen and will need to pass an entrance test.
Those who want to enroll in Code 401 will have an initial phone interview, Code Evaluation, and a technical interview as part of the application process.
Your application has to include:
- Name of the course you want to apply for
- Start and end dates
- Daytime or Nights & Weekends
The phone interview is a 15-30 minute conversation where you can learn more about the courses offered.
Fees: The financing options are available for all courses and the tuition prices depend on the chosen program.
- Explore Software Development
- Intro to Software Development
- Foundations of Software Development
- Intermediate Software Development
- Advanced Software Development
- Code Fellows
- Address: 2901 3rd Ave #300, Seattle, WA 98121
- Phone: +1 206-681-9318
- Web: https://www.codefellows.org
Enrollment: The admission requirements set by the school’s staff are:
Successful candidates have to complete the following minimal program in high school:
- English: 4 units
- Mathematics: 3 units
- Social studies: 3 units
- Laboratory Science: 2 units
- Foreign language: 2 units
- Additional academic units from the above disciplines: 2 units.
ACT and SAT test scores must be received from first-time freshman applicants no later than November 15.
The application process for eligible candidates starts with completing the Common Application with Seattle University Member Supplement and submitting additional documentation, including:
- Official high school transcripts
- ACT or SAT reports
- One teacher recommendation
- One counselor recommendation
- School Report
Fees: There is a non-refundable application fee of $55 which has to be paid with the application submission.
There are so many programs offered, but these are just a few to mention:
- Art History
- Asian Studies
- Business Analytics
- Business Economics
- Business and Law
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Cultural Anthropology
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Digital Design
- Seattle University
- Address: 901 12th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
- Phone: +1 206-296-6000
- Web: https://www.seattleu.edu
Puget Sound Skills Center
All PSSC courses are taught by experienced professionals using highly developed technology and equipment.
The courses are designed so as to give students the foundation and training needed.
Enrollment: If you are one of those prospective PSSC students interested in enrolling, you should know that the application process starts with talking to the home school counselor or advisor whose job is to help you complete the application for
Once completed with accurate answers, student’s applications will be screened by the PSSC counselor who works with the home school counselors in this process.
The criteria for candidates selection is based on a current transcript with a GPA of 1.0 or above, Student’s Discipline History, as well as recommendations from home school counselors advocating for students.
PSSC encourages interested students to contact the PSSC counselor and set up a day to tour the campus if they have unanswered questions about the enrollment process.
You can do that by calling 206-631-7300.
- ACF Certified Culinary Arts
- Aeronautical Science Pathway
- Aerospace Manufacturing/Engineering
- Auto Body Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Biomedical Research & Global Health
- College IT in the High School
- Construction Technology
- Criminal Justice Training
- Dental Assisting
- DigiPen Video Game Programming
- Fashion Design & Marketing
- Fire & Emergency Services
- Marine Science Technology
- Nursing Assistant – Certified
- Translation & Interpretation
- Vocational Instruction through Applied Learning
- Puget Sound Skills Center
- Address: 18010 8th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98148
- Phone: +1 206-631-7300
- Web: https://pssc.highlineschools.org
South Seattle College International Programs
Enrollment: The enrollment process is made of a few steps.
At South Seattle College, each degree, certificate and program options have their own admission requirements that have to be met.
Before beginning the enrollment process, check the Academic Calendar and learn about important enrollment deadlines.
The first step consists of filling out the online Admissions Application.
That way you will receive your official Student Identification Number (SID).
You can also visit the Admissions Workshops where you will receive your Student ID number immediately.
The next steps are related to financial obligations, so you can apply for financial aid and pay the tuition.
The last step is the registration and the participation in New Student Orientation is mandatory for all new students.
Fees: Each program has its own fees and tuition costs.
- Automotive Technology
- Aeronautical Technology
- Business Information Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology
- Industrial Manufacturing Programs
- Landscape Horticulture
- Multi-Occupation in Engineering & Technology (MOET)
- Multi-Occupational Trades (MOT)
- Nursing Programs
- Welding Fabrication Technology
- Welding – Maritime
- Wine Studies
- South Seattle College International Programs
- Address: 6000 16th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106
- Phone: +1 206-934-5360
- Web: http://resources.southseattle.edu/
Seattle Pacific University
Enrollment: You can either choose the SPU Application or the Common Application for applying.
They are both available on the school’s official websites and you are just supposed to click on the appropriate link and the application page will open.
What you will be asked to submit besides a completed SPU Application and $50 application fee are the following documents:
- Essays about yourself and your educational goals
- Test scores – ACT or SAT.
- Official high school transcript in a sealed envelope sent by the school cancelor directly to the school’s office.
- Accounting (BA)
- Anthropology Minor: Biological Anthropology
- Anthropology Minor: Cultural Anthropology
- Anthropology Minor: Linguistics
- Apparel Design (BA)
- Apparel Design and Merchandising Minor
- Apparel Merchandising (BA)
- Applied Human Biology (BS)
- Applied Mathematics (BS)
- Actuarial Studies
- Art History and Visual Studies (BA)
- Art Minor in Studio: 2-D Media
- Seattle Pacific University
- Address: 3307 3rd Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119
- Phone: +1 206-281-2000
- Web: https://spu.edu
- Home & Garden
- Food & Wine
- North Seattle College
- Address: 9600 College Way N, Seattle, WA 98103
- Phone: +1 206-934-3600
- Web: https://northseattle.edu
Fees: Full-time students will need to pay $44,604 per year or $14,868 per quarter, while part-time students will pay $1,239 per credit.
These are just some of the programs offered:
North Seattle College
North Seattle College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Enrollment: The school staff has made the application process simple as everything is done online.
Domestic students should apply via the Web Admissions Center, while International students should apply through International Programs.
Once you apply and your application is reviewed, you will receive your acceptance message and student ID number if you are accepted.
Then you need to plan how you will pay the fees and tuition and you are required to attend a start New Student Orientation during which you will get acquainted with programs, services, and the registration process.
The last step is registration and with your Student Identification Number (SID) and your class item numbers selected from the course schedule, you are ready to register, either online or in-Person.
Fees: All students in need should apply for financial aid and a good thing to know is that you do not need to be a full-time student to receive financial aid.
Trade Schools in Washington by CitySee trade schools in Washington >>
All of these schools allow students to enter directly into the workforce as they focus on job-specific training.
Our aim was to offer you top trades schools in Seattle and now it is up to you to determine which one best suits you.