There are so many things to have in mind when choosing the trade school for yourself.
Make sure your school is accredited, meaning that you will be able to get financial aid and that your degree will be taken seriously.
You need to think about the program which should be well-developed to help ensure your future success.
We are offering you the top ten trade schools in Pensylvania to choose from.
Williamson College of the Trades
Williamson College of the Trades is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and approved by the Division of Program Services of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Enrollment: The enrollment process starts on August 1st.
Admission is open to all qualifying young men, but preference will be given to those who come from families of financial need and would otherwise not be able to further their education.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide letters of recommendation from non-family members, and may be initiated via the online application.
Only high school seniors, graduates, or GED recipients who meet Williamson’s age requirement may apply and it is 20 years of age.
All applicants are required to take the entrance exam and must be able to meet the physical demands of the College’s curriculum.
Furthermore, they must be legal residents of the United States.
Fees: Total tuition costs are $32570.
- Machine Tool Technology
- Paint & Coatings
- Power Plant
- Williamson College of the Trades
- Address: 106 S New Middletown Rd, Media, PA 19063
- Phone: +1 610-566-1776
- Web: https://www.williamson.edu
Technical College High School Brandywine Campus (TCHS B)
Enrollment: The Technical College High School (TCHS) is accepting applications and students in grades 9-12 attending a public or private school in Chester County are encouraged to apply.
The application process is done online and students have to fill in the application form which takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Following the submission, the TCHS Admissions Team will acquire a student’s grades, attendance, disciplinary record, teacher recommendations and more.
Students who are interested are encouraged to visit the school and this can be scheduled by completing an online request form.
Admission to the Technical College High School is based on:
- Aptitude for specific training
- Attendance record
- Achievement record
- Student conduct
- Teacher recommendations
- Career readiness essay
- Allied Health Science Technology
- Animal Science
- Automotive Collision Technology
- Automotive Service Technology
- Baking & Pastry Arts
- Commercial & Graphic Arts
- Community Health Pathway
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice & Police Sciences
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Care & Education
- Electrical & Mechanical Systems
- EMT Pathway
- Engine Technology
- Geographic Information Systems & Data Science
- Health Career Pathways
- Technical College High School Brandywine Campus (TCHS B)
- Address: 443 Boot Rd, Downingtown, PA 19335
- Phone: +1 484-593-5100
- Web: https://www.cciu.org
Pennsylvania College of Technology
Enrollment: The enrollment process differs if you are a first-time student, transferring from another college, returning to Penn College, or coming from the military or workforce.
You should apply for admission online and the committee will review your application and inform you what types of documentation are needed.
Our programs are rigorous, so you might be asked to take a placement test.
Some of the programs offered are:
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Business Management
- Business Management
- Culinary Arts Technology
- Building Construction Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Concrete Science Technology
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Technology
- Surveying Technology
- Dental Hygiene
- Health Arts: Practical Nursing Emphasis
- Health Information Technology
- Nursing LPN-RN
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Paramedic Science
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Address: 1 College Ave, Williamsport, PA 17701
- Phone: +1 570-326-3761
- Web: https://www.pct.edu
Penn Commercial Business/Technical School
Penn Commercial Business / Technical School is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Enrollment: So as to be accepted as a prospective student to any of Penn Commercial’s programs, you need to have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Then, you will have to provide your official transcripts
Several programs have certain physical requirements, as well.
The application process is simple and their experienced team will be helping students through the application process.
Furthermore, you are supposed to complete your admissions interview and take your entrance examination.
If you are applying to the Medical Assistant or Nursing program, you will also have to pass a complete physical examination.
Fees: The tuition and fees vary according to the program chosen.
You are supposed to submit a nonrefundable $25 application fee and $100 registration fee.
- Penn Commercial Business/Technical School
- Address: 242 Oak Spring Rd, Washington, PA 15301
- Phone: +1 724-222-5330
- Web: https://penncommercial.edu
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA)
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA) is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and College.
Enrollment: If you are interested to become an applicant for admission to Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA), you are required to visit the school and get familiar with its facilities and staff.
There they will have a personal interview with the admission representative who is qualified to provide the prospective student with the understanding of the following:
- AMT and AET Programs
- Instruction Methods
- PIA’s Learning Environment
- Program Goals and Outcomes
- Admission Policies
- Program Availability
- Academic Assistance
- Graduate Placement Statistics
There is going to be a criminal background check and if it happens that the student has some criminal background, he/she can be disqualified from admission.
Fees: Total AMT Diploma Program tuition is $27,000, while Tuition Per Term is $6,750.
You are supposed to pay the Registration Fee of $150 and the FAA Airframe & Powerplant Examination Fees of $1,200.
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA)
- Address: School of Specialized Technology, 5 Allegheny County Airport, West Mifflin, PA 15122
- Phone: +1 412-346-2100
- Web: https://pia.edu
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
Enrollment: The first enrollment requirement is that all students of Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology must be residents of the state of Pennsylvania and have established residency for a minimum of one year prior to applying.
Exceptions are only granted to military veterans.
This can be proved in one the following forms: Pennsylvania Driver’s License, Pennsylvania vehicle registration, graduation from PA HS within the last 12 months, Pennsylvania ID card, lease or mortgage statement.
The next requirement is that the student has a minimum high school GPA of a 2.0 or higher and submit an official high school transcript or proof of GED.
The additional documents may be sent via mail, email or digital drop box.
- Mail:Thaddeus Stevens College, c/o Admissions Office, 750 E. King St., Lancaster, PA 17602
- Email: email@example.com
If applicable, you can submit SAT/ACT scores and/or transcript from previous college coursework.
Fees: Prospective students must submit a nonrefundable application fee of $45.
- ELECTRICAL CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENANCE
- GENERAL MACHINE
- MASONRY CONSTRUCTION
- WELDING TECHNOLOGY
- METAL CASTING TECHNOLOGY & MANUFACTURING MANAGEMENT
- GRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS & PRINTING TECHNOLOGY
- HEATING, VENTILATION & AIR CONDITIONING – REFRIGERATION
- MASONRY CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- METALS FABRICATION & WELDING TECHNOLOGY
- PLUMBING TECHNOLOGY
- RESIDENTIAL REMODELING TECHNOLOGY
- WATER & ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY
- WELDING TECHNOLOGY
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Address: 750 E King St, Lancaster, PA 17602
- Phone: +1 717-299-7701
- Web: https://stevenscollege.edu
New Castle School of Trades Satellite Location
New Castle School of Trades Satellite Location is accredited by ACCSC (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges) and licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
It has been existing since 1945, New Castle School of Trades has served the needs of its students and helped them realize their dream.
New Castle School of Trades offers programs designed to prepare students in the shortest time for positions in business and industry.
Enrollment: The application process is made simple, as everything will be done with the assistance of the admission representative.
The first step toward an exciting and rewarding new career consists of submitting the application form which should be filled out with honest and accurate information and it can be found on the school’s official website.
If you already know which New Castle School of Trades training program you would like to apply for, you will be contacted shortly to discuss further steps towards the chosen career.
- AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- COMBINATION WELDING
- COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVING
- CONSTRUCTION TRADES
- DIESEL AND HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR TECHNOLOGY
- ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY
- HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATIONS W/ COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVING
- MACHINIST TECHNOLOGY
- MOTORCYCLE AND POWER EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY
- REFRIGERATION & A/C TECHNOLOGY
- INDUSTRIAL ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGY
- New Castle School of Trades Satellite Location
- Address: 4164 US-422, Pulaski, PA 16143
- Phone: +1 800-837-8299
- Web: https://www.ncstrades.edu
Rosedale Technical College
Rosedale Technical College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career School and Colleges and is licensed by the Pennsylvania Board of Private Licensed Schools.
Enrollment: The application process consists of four short steps.
You are supposed to call the college at 800-521-6262 or fill out the form to schedule a tour during which you will meet with an Admissions Representative whose job is to answer any questions you might have and discuss the further steps in the application process.
You need to successfully complete and pass a recognized scholastic entrance exam and to participate in a personal interview.
Then, you will be referred to the Director of Admissions for acceptance.
It is very important tho know that the eligible candidates will be only those who possess a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate as well as a valid drivers license.
Some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
- Automotive Technology
- Collision Repair Technology
- Diesel Technology
- Electrical Technology
- HVAC Technology
- Industrial Technician
- Welding Technician
- CDL Training
- Automotive Technician
- Diesel Technician
- Electrical Technician
- Collision Repair Technology
- HVAC Technician
- Welding Technician
- Certification Classes
- Custom Corporate Training
- Mazda Training Program
- Rosedale Technical College
- Address: 215 Beecham Dr #2, Pittsburgh, PA 15205
- Phone: +1 800-521-6262
- Web: https://www.rosedaletech.org
Welder Training & Testing Institute
Welder Training & Testing Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment: There are a few steps that the application process consists of.
Once you have selected the program that interests you, you should call the school at 800-223-WTTI and set up an appointment for your personal tour of our school and interview.
Then, the next step is to complete the two-page student application which should be printed clearly, fully completed, then signed and dated.
If you are in need of some financial help, you should speak with the Financial Aid Office, so that they can determine your eligibility for various sources of financial assistance.
Enrollments will be accepted at any time on a space-available basis.
- Welder Fitter (900 hours)
- Combination Welding (740 hours)
- Standard Welding (180 hours)
- Advanced Welder Qualification–Pipe (120 hours)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding – GTAW or TIG (60 hours)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding – GMAW or MIG (60 hours)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding – FCAW (60 hours)
- Welder Training & Testing Institute
- Address: 729 E Highland St, Allentown, PA 18109
- Phone: +1 610-437-9720
- Web: http://wtti.edu
Mid-Atlantic Carpenters' Training Center
Enrollment: You should know that any woman or man meeting the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply, but so as to receive an application, you must attend one of the three sessions to be held in February, May, and August.
The admission requirements are:
The applicant has to provide reliable documentation of proof of age (minimum 17 years of age) as well as copies of documentation of high school graduation and transcript for high school, or completion of a GED with applicable scores.
Also, applicants must provide proof of satisfactory completion of a prejob preparatory course in Carpentry of at least six (6) months or proof of having worked a minimum of 1,500 hours in the carpentry trade.
Optional / Supplemental Documentation includes a training achievement record (TAR) to verify UBC Job Corps training and/or experience or a DD-214 to verify military training.
Apprentices must be at least 18 years old and in good health, as well as pass a drug and alcohol test.
- Welding course
- Mid-Atlantic Carpenters’ Training Center
- Address: 8510 Pennsylvania Ave, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
- Phone: +1 301-736-1696
- Web: https://www.mactc.net
Trade Schools in Pennsylvania by City
A college education is not for everyone, so you should choose one of the vocational schools available in your area which is in line with your interests and start your path towards a successful career.