Choosing a trade school is a troublesome experience, as you have so many questions on your mind.
Does the school have the program you want to study?
Is it licensed or accredited?
What are the instructors’ credentials?
That is why we have gathered all this information for you and put it in one place, believing that your research would be much easier.
Northwestern Technological Institute
The main reason why you should choose Northwestern Technological Institute is that since its foundation in 1979, they have hired exceptional instructors and made relationships with top employers, which will provide you with both amazing skills and knowledge while contributing to your future successful career.
Enrollment: Being that the enrollment is simple, they are expecting more people to become future students.
There are only three steps to enrollment.
The first one is meeting with an Admissions Advisor, which will organize the tour of the school and discuss details of the program with you.
During that tour, you will complete pre-application.
Scheduling a tour can be done online, via the link on the official website.
You will also meet with the Financial Aid representative, who will review your financial situation and determine the payment option for you, as well as go over needed documentation.
Once this is done, the only thing left is to finalize financial aid, agree to school policies and enroll.
- Air conditioning
- Heat Pumps
- Property Maintenance and Career Development
- Northwestern Technological Institute
- Phone: +1 248-358-4006
- Web: https://northwesterntech.edu
Greater Michigan Construction Academy
The Greater Michigan Construction Academy received ACCET accreditation.
Enrollment: The enrollment process can be done online or at the office.
If you prefer online, you should download the application form and fill it out.
You will be asked to choose the program and then the system takes you to the appropriate application.
Make sure the answers are accurate and that all required fields are filled out.
Students must be 16 years of age to participate.
A high school diploma or GED is not required, but it is highly encouraged.
New students applying for Greater Michigan Construction Academy classes are required to pass a free drug screen.
Fees: There are certain fees that have to b paid, as well as tuition.
Non-ABC Member Student has to pay $1,400 per semester/program, while ABC Member Student tuition is $700.00 per semester/program.
You need to pay a Book Fee which ranges from $70 to even $265 depending on the level and program.
Lab Fee also varies, from $25 to $200.
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Sheet Metal
- Greater Michigan Construction Academy
- Address: 7730 W Wackerly St, Midland, MI 48642
- Phone: +1 989-832-8879
- Web: https://gmca.edu
Michigan Laborers Training and Apprenticeship Institute
MLTAI develops specific courses as needed, so as to satisfy the training needs of Construction Craft Laborers.
You just need to visit the official website and follow the instructions related to the steps to submit the application.
Make sure to submit it on time, as applications are processed in the order they are received, so a late application will not be accepted.
You need to take into consideration applicant requirements prior to submitting the application:
- You have to be a minimum of 18 years old.
- You are required to pass a drug test.
- You must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- A good attitude and willingness to learn should be your personal characteristics.
- You need to understand the importance of punctuality and good attendance.
- You need to have reliable transportation.
Fees: MLTAI offers training to union Construction Craft Laborers’ completely free of charge.
- Construction Courses
- Environmental Courses
- Gas Courses
- Michigan Laborers Training and Apprenticeship Institute
- Address: 11155 S Beardslee Rd, Perry, MI 48872
- Phone: +1 517-625-4919
- Web: https://mltai.org
Southeast Michigan Construction Academy
The Southeast Michigan Construction Academy is a school which is created by the construction industry, for the construction industry.
Students find it very attractive due to the fact that 95% of SEMCA students are working full-time in the construction industry once they finish studies.
Enrollment: The application process consists of six steps.
As with the majority of schools, the first step is getting in touch with the school, by submitting an online application, which will be processed by the education department.
Besides the application form, you will need to provide additional documentation.
You are supposed to submit copies of your Drivers’ license/State ID, Social security card and High school diploma/GED.
The next step is related to scheduling classes and paying first semesters tuition in full.
If you are accepted, the acceptance e-mail will be sent to you, so it is important to regularly check your e-mail.
Fees: The tuition for Year 1 is $3300, while Year 2,3 and 4 cost $2800.
- Sheet Metal
- Southeast Michigan Construction Academy
- Phone: +1 248-965-3305
- Web: http://www.abcsemi.org
Electrical Industry Training
Enrollment: The enrollment process is not complicated, but you must be at least 17 years of age and have graduated from high school or have a GED when you apply for the program.
The first step is picking up an application form on the first working Monday of any month from 9am-4pm at the Detroit EITC.
Another way is to complete the application online, once the application process starts in November.
You are supposed to fill it out.
Additional documentation that you need to have are your high school official copy of transcripts and it should be sent directly
to the Training Center from your high school.
If you meet the qualifications you will be notified to
report for testing, and if the test results are satisfactory, you will have to make an interview.
The entire process takes approximately 90-120 days.
Fees: There is a $20.00 processing fee if you are accepted for testing.
Tuition is currently around $100 per quarter.
Additional fees are:
- Physical Exam Fee: $52.00
- Drug Testing Fee: $70.00
- Basic Tools: Up to $250.00 based on program
- Inside Construction Wireman
- Sound, Communication & Data Management
- Residential Wireman
- Electrical Industry Training
- Address: 2277 E Eleven Mile Rd # 1, Warren, MI 48092
- Phone: +1 586-751-6600
- Web: https://detroiteitc.org
Ann Arbor Electrical Training
Enrollment: Applications must be filled out in-person at the AAEJATC.
This can be done on the first Monday of each month from 8 to 11 a.m. or 1 to 3 p.m.
So as to be accepted as an eligible candidate, applicants must be 17 years of age and a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of selection and indenture.
Those who want to apply for the 5-year Inside Commercial Program must be residents in the jurisdiction of IBEW Local #252 – Washtenaw County, Jackson County, and Unadilla, Putnam, Hamburg, and Green Oak Townships in Livingston County and Onondaga, Leslie, Stockbridge, and Bunker Hill Townships in Ingham County for 12 months preceding.
The additional requirements are that applicants must be high school graduates at application and have a passing grade for one credit year of high school algebra, or one semester of college algebra.
So as to prove that you are capable of construction work, you may be asked to take a physical exam and drug-screening test.
He/she must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
A completed application packet must be returned within 90 days from the date your application was submitted and it has to include:
- Completed “Application for Apprenticeship”
- Completed and notarized “Sworn Statement of Permanent Residence”
- Official high school transcript with graduation date
- Official transcripts of all other academic training
- Social Security Card
- 5 YEAR COMMERCIAL
- 4 YEAR VOICE DATA VIDEO
- 3 YEAR RESIDENTIAL
- Ann Arbor Electrical Training
- Address: 13400 Luick Dr, Chelsea, MI 48118
- Phone: +1 734-475-1180
- Web: https://www.aaejatc.org
Kent Career Technical Center
Kent Career Technical Center offers programs designed for students who are eager to learn valuable skills, earn college and high school credit, and start their successful future.
Enrollment: The enrollment consists of a few steps.
Students who would like to enroll have to discuss the opportunity with their home school counselor.
Enrollment requests can be entered by the local districts in early February.
People who are current Kent Career Tech Center students will go through the early enrollment process in November/December.
You are encouraged to contact Kent Career Tech Center student services and schedule a program visit, which will be the beginning of your enrollment process.
Students are eligible to attend Kent Career Tech Center if they have completed the tenth grade and will be 16 years old on or before December 1st of the year in which they attend.
- 3D ANIMATION & GAME DESIGN
- APPLIED CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- AUTO COLLISION REPAIR
- AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY
- AVIATION ELECTRONICS
- AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNOLOGY
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- DESIGN LAB
- DIESEL & EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY
- ENGINEERING & ARCH. DESIGN
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP & MARKETING
- GRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS
- HEALTH CAREERS MAIN CAMPUS
- HEALTH EARLY COLLEGE ACADEMY
- HEATING, AIR, REFRIGERATION (HVACR)
- HOSPITALITY AND CULINARY
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Kent Career Technical Center
- Address: 1
- Phone: +1 616-364-8421
- Web: https://www.thetechcenter.org
Health Care Solutions and Career Group
If you are thinking about starting your studies at Health Care Solutions and Career Group, you will not make a mistake, as they have been helping people reach their dreams in healthcare since 2006.
Enrollment: Interested students should know that the enrollment process is so easy, made simple to attract many applicants.
The first thing you should do is to visit the center’s official website and find the link to the registration form.
The data you are supposed to enter is related to your contact info.
That way you will get started with the registration process.
There is a chance to ask additional questions if there are any.
The next step is to come to the office to fill out the application form.
You need to bring a valid photo ID and pay course deposit once there so that you can start your new career path.
- Patient Care Technician Combo
- Phlebotomy Technician
- EKG Technician
- CPR – BLS
- Dialysis Technician
- Direct Care Worker
- Home Health Aide
- Health Care Solutions and Career Group
- Phone: +1 313-270-4550
- Web: https://www.healthcaresolutionsandcareergroup.com
Kellogg Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Enrollment: Selecting a program and applying to KCC is the first thing you should do.
At that time, applicants must supply all necessary documentation.
Admission requirements are published at the opening of the admission cycle.
Eligible applicants are those who demonstrate the motivation and maturity to benefit from courses and programs offered.
The eligibility requirements are the following:
- He/she has to be a high school graduate or have earned a high school equivalency certificate (GED).
- Those who have completed a home school program are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be age 18 or older
- Eligible students are those desiring to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program.
Among many curses, these are just a few to mention:
- Associate Degree in Arts
- Associate Degree in Criminal Justice
- Associate Degree in Elementary Education
- Associate Degree in General Studies
- Associate Degree in International Studies
- Associate Degree in Science
- Associate Degree in Applied Science
- Administrative Assistant
- Business Management
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Computer Networking
- Computer Programming
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design Technology
- Dental Hygiene
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Services
- Graphic Design
- Human Services
- Industrial Electricity and Electronics
- Industrial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
- Industrial Machining Technology
- Address: 405 Hill Brady Rd, Battle Creek, MI 49037
- Phone: +1 269-965-3931
- Web: http://www.kellogg.edu
MAMC (Michigan Advanced Manufacturing Collaboration)
MAMC (Michigan Advanced Manufacturing Collaboration) has been founded with the aim to provide students with basic education during the first part of the course, which will then be applied during the given hands-on training at school.
They are educating the next generation of leaders in manufacturing.
If you are eager to enter this field, there is no better place than MAMC (Michigan Advanced Manufacturing Collaboration).
Enrollment: Now, if you are wondering how to enroll, we have to mention that the process is very simple.
You can either do that online, by calling the office or visiting it in-person.
The application form can be found on the official website and should be filled out with accurate information.
You will be asked to select the program you are applying for and provide contact, education and employment history details.
- Introduction to Basic Machining Practices (ITBMP)
- FANUC CNC Milling
- FANUC CNC Lathe
- Introduction to PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Digital Electronics PLTW
- FANUC Robotics Level 1 Material Handling
- FANUC Robotics Level 2 IR Vision
- Computer-Aided Design –CAD SOLIDWORKS
- Manual Guide i – Mill
- Manual Guide i – Lathe
- Work-Based Learning
- MAMC (Michigan Advanced Manufacturing Collaboration)
- Phone: +1 248-399-7800 ext. 3425
- Web: https://www.mamcmichigan.com
Our aim was to help as many students as possible to realize their dreams and pick the right trade school.
Now, it is your turn to get access to the much-needed education and qualifications, and after graduation, get employment in well-paying jobs.