We know that picking one school among so many offered can be a very hard task, being that students usually look for the school that will be the perfect combination of low cost and high quality.
The school needs to meet your needs and interests, so in your search, we are committed to helping you by finding the best school for you in Hartford.
Capital Community College
Enrollment: The first step in your enrollment process is applying for admission.
All new students must submit an admissions application which must contain the following documents:
- Proof of high school completion, either a high school transcript, diploma or GED
- Proof of immunization for measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella.
If you are among those students who cannot pay for the education, you are encouraged to apply for financial aid, being that Capital Community College provides a variety of financial aid programs.
The next step is taking a placement test which is supposed to show whether new students are adequately prepared for college-level courses.
All students will be issued a CT Community College email address and all communication from the school will be sent only to your CT Community College email address.
Fees: All fees must be paid within 24 hours of registering for classes.
Otherwise, you will not be accepted to attend college.
- BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY
- HEALTH CAREERS & PUBLIC SAFETY
- SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS
- SOCIAL & BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
- Capital Community College
- Address: 950 Main St, Hartford, CT 06103
- Phone: +1 860-906-5077
- Web: https://www.capitalcc.edu
American Institute - West Hartford
The American Institute locations are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Enrollment: American Institute encourages the applications of qualified students and you should keep in mind that all applicants are required to complete an on-campus personal interview with an admissions representative.
During the interview, school administrators will determine whether an applicant is a qualified candidate for enrollment in the program, and only after being interviewed, he or she may apply for admission to the school.
All supporting documents must be submitted for the enrollment:
- Application for admission
- Admissions disclosures and information forms
- High school diploma or GED
- Satisfactory personal interview
- Completed financial aid forms
- Enrollment agreement
- Registration fee
Admissions applications are reviewed by the Director of Admissions and/or the Campus President and they make the final decision on who will be accepted as a regular student.
Being that there are some program-specific admissions requirements, we suggest you take a look at the American Institute Catalogs.
- Dental Assisting
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding and Billing
- This campus also offers short-term FastTrack programs:
- Nurse’s Aide
- American Institute-West Hartford
- Address: 99 South St, West Hartford, CT 06110
- Phone: +1 860-947-2299
- Web: https://www.americaninstitute.edu
Enrollment: At Goodwin University, there are some admission requirements for graduate students.
Graduate applicants to Goodwin University are required to:
Complete a graduate application for admission which can be found on the school’s official website once the application procedure starts.
They will need to pay a $50 non-refundable application fee.
The additional documents that they will need to submit are official transcripts which will prove the possession of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and a professional resume.
Last, but not least, they will need to submit proof of immunizations (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella).
Everything is done online and by providing an email address and password while filling out the application form, you will be able to come back at a later time to continue your application.
These are just some of the programs offered here:
- Administrative Assistant
- Foundational Advisor
- Business Administration
- Management and Leadership
- CNC Machining Program Director
- Manufacturing Management
- Quality Management Systems
- Supply Chain & Logistics Management
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Goodwin University
- Address: 1 Riverside Dr, East Hartford, CT 06118
- Phone: +1 860-528-4111
- Web: https://www.goodwin.edu
A.I. Prince Technical High School
What A.I. Prince Technical High School has to offer its students are thirteen different Career and Technical Education Programs.
The duration of programs is approximately three and a half years.
At Prince Technical High School, students will become equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary for professional careers.
Enrollment: The application process for A.I. Prince Technical High School usually starts in November.
That is the moment when the application form becomes available on their website and you are supposed to follow the link which will lead you to the application form that has to be filled out with accurate and honest answers.
Each program has its entrance requirements, so what is suggested is to gather information for the program you are interested in when the documentation required is in question and make sure you submit all the obligatory documentation for applying.
- English/Language Arts
- Health Education
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Automated Manufacturing Technology
- Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Automotive Technology
- Bioscience and Environmental Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Graphics Technology
- Hairdressing and Cosmetology
- Information Systems Technology
- Plumbing and Heating
- Sound Production Technology
- I. Prince Technical High School
- Address: 401 Flatbush Ave, Hartford, CT 06106
- Phone: +1 860-951-7112
Kaman Print Study Center
Enrollment: Kaman Print Study Center accepts any of the following applications for admission.
- Students can apply online
- In-person via a paper application – you can do that by meeting an admission coordinator at an event including high school visits and portfolio days or by coming to Hartford Art School directly.
- The third way is by sending the Common Application and requesting to major in art.
Besides the completed application form, the applicant is required to submit:
- Proficiency in the visual arts shown through a portfolio which should contain 10-15 examples of his/her best work from the last two years
- Academic achievement – through official transcripts from accredited high schools and colleges
- SAT or ACT scores are optional
Make sure you gather all the documents, as incomplete applications will not be accepted and that all application materials are submitted no later than February 15th.
If you are in need of financial support, you can apply for financial aid, via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which must be filed by February 15th, regardless of application filing or status.
- Kaman Print Study Center
- Address: Art School, Hartford, 200 Bloomfield Ave, West Hartford, CT 06117
- Phone: +1 860-768-4336
- Web: https://www.hartford.edu
Rensselaer's Education for Working Professionals
Enrollment: Just like with any other educational institution, in order to apply for enrollment you are supoosed to meet some requirements.
Rensselaer’s Education for Working Professionals requires that the applicant submit a resume or Curriculum Vitae with details about his education, employment, and internship history.
Then, they should submit GRE Scores which are not required to complete an application for admission but will be taken into consideration if submitted.
The Rensselaer’s admission team requests two letters of recommendation from those who can provide an assessment of your likelihood for success.
Rensselaer will send an electronic recommendation request to each recommender, who will then be able to submit his/her recommendation electronically.
Fees: You will have to pay a nonrefundable $75 Application Processing Fee.
Credit card payment is available for electronic submissions.
- Mechanical Engineering (M.E.)
- Systems Engineering And Technology Management (M.E.)
- Engineering Science (M.S.)
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATES
- Business Intelligence
- Health Analytics
- Lean Quality In Production
- Machine Learning & AI
- Production Analytics
- Systems Engineering
- Rensselaer’s Education for Working Professionals
- Address: 275 Windsor St, Hartford, CT 06120
- Phone: +1 860-548-2400
- Web: https://ewp.rpi.edu
Stone Academy is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools to award Diplomas and Certificates.
Stone Academy has been offering career-oriented education in Connecticut since its establishment in 1864.
What makes it different from traditional colleges is the fact that the Stone Academy’s programs will train you for your career in less than two years.
There are even some programs preparing graduates in less than six months.
Enrollment: The Admissions team is here to help all the interested applicants to find the program that is the best suited for them.
The admissions process begins with a personal interview with an Admissions Representative who will pay special attention to your aptitude and academic backgrounds as well as motivation, past work experience, and maturity which will play a crucial role in determining whether you are a good match for this school.
Acceptance into a diploma program is based upon successful completion of the interview and possession of a high school diploma or a General Education Diploma.
What prospective students should do is to telephone the school so as to schedule an appointment with an admissions representative and visit the campus.
Fees: The application for admission requires a $25 registration fee.
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Patient Care Specialist
- Nurse’s Aide
- Stone Academy
- Address: 745 Burnside Ave, East Hartford, CT 06108
- Phone: +1 860-569-0618
- Web: https://www.stone.edu
University of Saint Joseph
Enrollment: The only way of applying for the University of Saint Joseph is by submitting the Application for Admission.
It can be found online and it is the same application for all undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking programs.
You will be asked to create an account or log in in order to complete the application for admission.
What you have to bear in mind when applying is the following:
- If you are applying for the Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing program please select the Undergraduate Transfer Application.
- If you are applying as a high school student, please select the Undergraduate First-Year Application.
- If you are applying as a non-degree seeking student, please use the Non-Matriculated Application.
- If you are applying for an Education Master of Arts Program taking place off-campus, please select the Graduate Programs in Education Application (Off-Campus Only)
Besides the submission of your application online or through the Common App, you are supposed to submit official transcripts from your high school and request your official test scores (SAT and/or ACT) be sent to USJ.
Furthermore, you are required to submit an essay and have a teacher or high school counselor write a letter of recommendation and send it to the University.
Fees: Full tuition is $19,818.
- Art History
- Child Study
- Computer and Data Science
- Criminal Justice / Restorative Justice
- Digital Media and Communication
- Education/Teacher Licensure
- Exercise Science
- Health Science(General)
- Actuarial Science
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Public Health
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Religious Studies
- Social Work
- Sport Management and Promotion
- University of Saint Joseph
- Address: 1678 Asylum Ave, West Hartford, CT 06117
- Phone: +1 860-232-4571
- Web: https://www.usj.edu
Prospective Hartford Seminarians are highly encouraged to apply for enrollment.
What Hartford Seminary has to offer are small classes where you can get knowledge from internationally renowned professors.
The reason why so many people choose this school is the fact that you get a flexible schedule to fit your busy life.
Enrollment: When applying for Hartford Seminary, you will need to use their online application.
Actually, you will receive a user name and password, which will enable you to save your data and re-enter your application at your convenience until it is complete.
You will need to submit a recommendation form and a personal statement.
It should be about your goals in seeking theological education and the experiences that have led you to do so and the reasons you have chosen Hartford Seminary.
A personal interview is required for completion of the application process for all Doctor of Ministry, Master of Arts, Cooperative Master of Divinity, Islamic Chaplaincy Program or Islamic Chaplaincy Graduate Certificate applicants.
- Doctor of Ministry
- Master of Arts
- Cooperative Master of Divinity
- Islamic Chaplaincy Program
- Islamic Chaplaincy Graduate Certificate program
- Hartford Seminary
- Address: 77 Sherman St, Hartford, CT 06105
- Phone: +1 860-509-9500
- Web: https://www.hartsem.edu
West Hartford Art League
The West Hartford Art League offers art instruction for adults and youths in the form of weekly daytime and evening classes Monday – Saturday in the fall, winter and spring.
If you are interested in this kind of career, then this is definitely the right school for you.
Enrollment: The application process is completely done online and so as to register for a program, you must first log-in or create an account.
You are supposed to type in all your information and make sure that everything is accurate as the admission representative might contact you via phone or email address submitted.
For courses to be conducted a minimum enrollment is required.
Furthermore, there is a maximum enrollment based on the studio size, equipment, and the instructor’s requirements.
Those you apply first will get more chances to enroll in the class, as class sizes are limited and are filled in the order received.
Fees: Registrations will not be processed without payment of the tuition.
- West Hartford Art League
- Address: 37 Buena Vista Rd, West Hartford, CT 06107
- Phone: +1 860-231-8019
- Web: http://westhartfordart.org
Trade Schools in Connecticut by CitySee trade schools in Connecticut >>
We are sure that you wish to find great jobs and career success, but that all depends on getting the right knowledge, skills, and credentials.
So, we have offered you some colleges, universities and trade schools which are known as an institution worth considering.