If you are thinking of becoming a CNA, you need to know that it is a great career field.
After completing your education and obtaining a certification, the next step is of course to find a job.
There are lots of online services you may use for your job search.
Among the available employment options, there are hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, and long term care facilities.
Below, you can find some of the best services you may use while looking for a job.
Also, there is info about various facilities you may work in.
It will help you to reveal which option suits your needs most of all so you can make your search easier and faster.
Article Table of Contents
CNA Jobs Search Engine
Of course, there are many other sites you can use to find employment.
Thus, if you weren’t able to find a good offer using one of the services above, you just need to look at other sites.
Jobs With Private Employers
Among the private employers that also have jobs available for CNAs, there is Magnolia Manor (Georgia).
Just keep in mind that each of those sites above has its own terms and conditions.
Make sure to read those notifications carefully as these sites may send you messages about their:
- Terms of service;
- Ability to save your resume;
- Agree to be contacted by employers, or with job career advice.
If you don’t want to receive these letters, you need to decline those notifications.
However, some of these notifications and messages may contain some valuable info so it is better to read them attentively.
Have Other Questions About CNA Job Search?
All these services can be pretty helpful however they may not provide answers to all the questions you have.
Among the most common questions, you may have, there are:
- How can I find out if there are nursing homes near me hiring?
- Are there available CNA jobs in hospitals near me?
- What other CNA jobs are hiring near me?
If you cannot get appropriate search results while looking for job offers on various websites, you may use several ways to resolve the issue.
For example, if you want to work as a CNA in a certain type of healthcare facility, it is better to do a Google search for those facilities.
Just visit their websites and look at what job offers they have.
To get info about available offers, you can use a career page on their websites or just call these facilities.
If you are looking for all available CNA jobs in your area, you can use a Google search.
There are lots of tutorials about different methods of using Google search.
Below, there is a simple example of one of those methods:
- Adding parentheses ” ” around a phrase will force Google to show results with the contained words on the page.
For example, input the “Minneapolis, MD” “nursing assistant” jobs.
After it, Google will show you the results that contain “Minneapolis, MN” and “nursing assistant” on their page content.
All the results will be sorted on the standard search term “jobs”.
Also, you need to know that using CNA instead of a nursing assistant, you may get other search results.
In any case, this method will let you be rather specific in your job search and find results you wouldn’t find otherwise.
Places CNAs Can Work At
As we’ve said before, there is a variety of facilities where you can get a job as a CNA.
The list includes hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities.
In fact, there are lots of options you should consider.
Below, you can find info about these options as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
Hospitals considered one of the best and most popular facilities for CNAs.
Working there, you won’t be able to spend as much time with your patients as in other facilities.
Hospitals have a fast-paced environment as well as lots of departments that determine duties a CNA should perform.
Nevertheless, the list of basic duties is almost the same for any department.
- Good pay and benefits;
- Backed by experienced doctors and nurses;
- Fast-paced environment;
- Duties vary one department to another;
- Possibility to transfer departments with supervisor approval.
- It is hard to get a job there;
- Smaller turnover rate than in other healthcare facilities;
- Volunteer to get a foot in the door.
Working as a hospice CNA, you’ll be responsible for taking care of patients who are extremely ill as well as supporting their families.
The list of duties may include general care, keeping pain-relieving treatments up-to-date, personal care of the patient, emotional support of the family.
Also, there are some housekeeping duties such as vacuuming and laundry.
Just keep in mind that this job is very hard and challenging as you need to provide end-of-life care.
You need to apply for such a job only if you really feel like working in such an environment.
- Ability to work in several fields such as nursing facilities, private homes, and the patient’s home;
- Job experience will be varied;
- A meaningful difference between terminal patients and families.
- Lower pay than other job options;
- The heavy workload as well as required updates on the latest trends;
- Emotionally and mentally taxing job due to the fact you need to take care of patients at the end of their lives.
Home Health Agencies
If you want to get some experience without direct supervision, home health agencies are a perfect option for you.
This job option is great for those who want to live at home.
These facilities offer daily care services for those patients who want to avoid hospitalization.
The list of duties includes such points as daily care. patient’s wellbeing maintenance, simple housework, treatment documentation, and at-home medical care.
- Good for getting experience without direct supervision;
- Make a meaningful impact on patients;
- Some flexibility depends on the schedule and the patient’s needs.
- A tedious position as it can be hard to fill the downtime;
- Time management can be hard to accomplish;
- The necessity to drive somewhere that is unsafe.
Long-term Care and Nursing Homes
It is one of the most popular options among CNAs that only start their careers.
Applying for such a job, you can help care for the disabled and elderly.
You need to know that this career option can guarantee the highest level of stability in comparison with others on our list.
One other point is that working there, you can get your training reimbursement from your employer of government.
Working there, you are going to perform basic CNA duties as well as physical therapy, emotional support of the family, acute care, and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS).
- Reimbursement of training costs;
- Ability to get different experiences in a low-intensity environment;
- Constantly changing environment;
- Opportunity to get to know patients;
- Physically less demanding.
- Lower payment rates;
- A stigma about nursing homes;
- Attachment to certain patients;
- A low-key environment requires a concentrated skillset.
As you can see, CNAs are required not only in nursing homes and long-term facilities.
In fact, these specialists can get a job almost in any healthcare facility.
Also, there is an incredible demand for qualified CNAs in nursing homes, hospitals, hospices, and other facilities.
Considering the wide range of skills these specialists have, they are required almost everywhere.
It means that you have a whole variety of job options and don’t need to get stuck in a particular place.